More homeowners plan to spruce up their homes this year, but a lot of things can go wrong—particularly financially—when setting out to do a home remodel. More than a quarter of home renovation projects go over budget.
Some of the biggest budget breakers for owners completing a home renovation project, according to a new infographic from Job Site Image, a company that offers construction photo documentation, are:
- Choosing more expensive products or materials;
- Products or services were more costly than expected;
- Deciding to change the project scope or design;
- Project was more complex than expected;
- Discovering unexpected construction-related issues.
To help your clients avoid costly mistakes, make sure they do plenty of prep work, take a full assessment of the home and its walls, and consult a professional when necessary.